ABOUT / PRESS
“I’ve truly seen it all in this town, everything from being shot at from pointblank range to witnessing the birth of my two beautiful children. I can’t really see myself living any place else, and I never get bored roaming the streets with a camera.” -- Travis Jensen, on the city of San Francisco.
Travis Jensen has a knack for connecting with people and getting them to bare their souls... Scouring the streets of San Francisco on a daily basis, Jensen doesn’t just photograph the unique, eclectic individuals and environment of the city, he brings his subjects kicking and screaming to life -- exploring the real street life and personalities that few tourists get to see.
Travis’s relentless passion for shooting photos has resulted in his deeply personal, striking and unapologetic work being exhibited numerous times, while appearing in a variety of print and online publications. He’s also collaborated with multiple big-name companies and has published several books. But his pursuit of photography has never been about making money. Most of the profits from his photos and books are donated to Larkin Street Youth Services -- a San Francisco-based non-profit organization that provides various support services for at-risk youth living on the street.
As an at-risk youth himself once -- coming to San Francisco fresh out of high school and becoming immersed in the thriving skateboard scene -- Jensen believes in giving back to the city that raised him and taught him so much. “Growing up" in The City, the streets have never quite left him -- and he has a special understanding of his home and its inhabitants that is uniquely reflected in his stunning candid shots and street portraits.
Acura, Budweiser, Apple, UPS, The Line Hotel, Rocket Music, The Jewish Contemporary Museum, Chrome Industries, The Gensler Group, Shutterfly, Whole Foods, The Sydell Group, Guerrero Gallery - San Francisco, Harvey Milk Photo Center - San Francisco, Larkin Street Youth Services, V/SUAL Apparel, Hipstamatic, DVS Shoes, DGK Skateboards, Heel Bruise Clothing, Western Edition Skateboards, Flipboard, and The Hundreds.
Print and Online Publications:
7x7 Magazine, The San Francisco Chronicle, SF Weekly, Juxtapoz, Forbes, San Francisco Magazine, Esquire Magazine, Maxim (Italy), Wired, NPR, Petapixel, FADER Magazine, FLTR Magazine, Snap Magazine, The Hundreds Magazine, FLTR Magazine (subsidary of Brittish Photography Journal) and The Bold Italic, amongst others.
- "We Wanna Be Friends With Photographer Travis Jensen" - 7x7 Magazine - [see here]
- "Travis Jensen Talks Photography" - Mass Appeal Magazine - [see here]
- "Best SF Instagrams" - Thrillist - [see here]
- "7 Local Instagrams You Should Follow Right Now" - 7x7 Magazine - [see here]
- "28 Talented Urban Photographers To Follow On Instagram - BUZZFEED - [see here]
- Interview: San Francisco Street Photographer Travis Jensen - FADER Magazine - [see here]
- (Video) The Hundreds Presents: Street Meet SF w/ Vanstyles and Travis Jensen - [see here]
- To Be Candid or Posed: 6 Tips to Improve Your Street Photography w/ Travis Jensen - EyeEm -[see here]
- "People Are Strange" - Monochrome Study of San Francisco's Colorful Characters - We Heart Magazine (UK) - [see here]
- San Francisco Street Photography by Travis Jensen at Gensler SF - Juxtapoz Magazine - [see here]
- La San Francisco infinitamente reale di Travis Jensen - Il Sole 24 Ore (Italian Newspaper) - [see here]
- (Video) Travis Jensen: B&W San Francisco - Mission Local - [see here]
- (Video) More Than Photography feat. Travis Jensen/Brad Evans - [see here]
- (Video) Brainstorm: Travis Jensen Photography - DGK Skateboards - [see here]
- Travis Jensen Captures Life on the Street - Digital Trends - [see here]
- Travis Jensen's "Wish You Were Here" - Juxtapoz Magazine - [see here]
- Travis Jensen: Skateboarding Down Hill - San Francisco Chronicle - [see here]
- Cult of Mac: 5 Tips for Publishing Your iPhone Photos as a Book - [see here]
- Shooting Stars - The Bold Italic [see here]
- Amp Up Your Street Cred Interview and Feature - Hipstamatic's "Snap" Magazine [see here]
- A Father's Life: One Dad's Perspective - Shutterfly.com Feature [see here]
- Where I Dwell: Street Photos by Travis Jensen - Mobile Photo Awards [see here]
- Framework: Brotographers - San Francisco Chronicle [see here]
- Cult of Mac: 6 Tips for Better Street Photography with Your iPhone: Interview w/ Travis Jensen [see here]
- 'iSNAPSF' @ Haus of Hipstamatic - San Francisco Chronicle [see here]
- Juxtapoz Magazine: #iSnapSF @ The Haus of Hipstamatic [see here]
- Travis Jensen Interview for WeAreJuxt [see here]
- Shooting People: Street Photography by Travis Jensen for Shutterfly.com [see here]
- 'Tenderloin USA' photos conjure a neighborhood - San Francisco Chronicle [see here]
- “Tenderloin USA” - The Bold Italic [see here]