ABOUT / PRESS
Hello, my name is Travis. I’m a San Francisco / Los Angeles / Cali-nomad photographer, focusing on candid street scenes, street portraits and urban landscapes.
I make a living as a commercial, lifestyle and editorial photographer, specializing in providing clients with photos that are captivating, unique, and brimming with personality and style. I put 1,000% into my craft, with my personal goal being to make each photograph better than the last.
My photos are a bouquet of digital, 35mm film and iPhone, with the idea being that tool types in photography are irrelevant. At the end of the day, I believe, photography is all about your eye, sensibility and style. Everything else comes second.
I've authored/co-authored several photography books/journals, including "Tenderloin USA" (Metro Vision Press 2011 w/ Brad Evans), "Nevada Bound" (Metro Vision Press 2011 w/ Brad Evans), "#iSnapSF Field Journal" (Metro Vision Press 2012 w/ Brad Evans), and "Wish You Were Here" (2012 w/ Whole Foods Market, San Francisco).
FOTOMISH Apparel was launched in 2015 as a platform for my personal photography. FOTO is an acronym for “Focused on Truthful Outcomes,” with MISH being short for Mission i.e. I’m on a mission for the truth, roaming the streets with my camera. That sums up my approach to the craft best.
Acura, Budweiser, UPS, TNT Network, Apple, Adidas, The Line Hotel, The Jewish Contemporary Museum, The Gensler Group, Whole Foods Market, Rescore Properties, 4Terra Investments, Guerrero Gallery, Larkin Street Youth Services, V/SUAL Apparel, Hipstamatic, and The Hundreds.
Print and Online Publications:
San Francisco Chronicle, Los Angeles Times, Juxtapoz, Forbes, San Francisco Magazine, Esquire Magazine, British Journal of Photography, Maxim (Italy), Wired, NPR, FADER Magazine, 7x7 and Mass Appeal, among others.
- "Early Morning Photography from the Streets of SF" - British Journal of Photography [see here]
- "A Personal Passion" -The LA Times [see here]
- "You Need to Follow Instagram Genius Travis Jensen" - Time Out SF - [see here]
- (Video) "FOTOMISH: Photographer Travis Jensen" - The Werehaus - [see here]
- "We Wanna Be Friends With Photographer Travis Jensen" - 7x7 Magazine - [see here]
- "Travis Jensen Talks Photography" - Mass Appeal Magazine - [see here]
- "Best SF Instagrams" - Thrillist - [see here]
- "7 Local Instagrams You Should Follow Right Now" - 7x7 Magazine - [see here]
- "28 Talented Urban Photographers To Follow On Instagram - BUZZFEED - [see here]
- Interview: San Francisco Street Photographer Travis Jensen - FADER Magazine - [see here]
- (Video) The Hundreds Presents: Street Meet SF w/ Vanstyles and Travis Jensen - [see here]
- To Be Candid or Posed: 6 Tips to Improve Your Street Photography w/ Travis Jensen - EyeEm -[see here]
- "People Are Strange" - Monochrome Study of San Francisco's Colorful Characters - We Heart Magazine (UK) - [see here]
- San Francisco Street Photography by Travis Jensen at Gensler SF - Juxtapoz Magazine - [see here]
- La San Francisco infinitamente reale di Travis Jensen - Il Sole 24 Ore (Italian Newspaper) - [see here]
- (Video) Travis Jensen: B&W San Francisco - Mission Local - [see here]
- (Video) More Than Photography feat. Travis Jensen/Brad Evans - [see here]
- (Video) Brainstorm: Travis Jensen Photography - DGK Skateboards - [see here]
- Travis Jensen Captures Life on the Street - Digital Trends - [see here]
- Travis Jensen's "Wish You Were Here" - Juxtapoz Magazine - [see here]
- Travis Jensen: Skateboarding Down Hill - San Francisco Chronicle - [see here]
- Cult of Mac: 5 Tips for Publishing Your iPhone Photos as a Book - [see here]
- Shooting Stars - The Bold Italic [see here]
- Amp Up Your Street Cred Interview and Feature - Hipstamatic's "Snap" Magazine [see here]
- A Father's Life: One Dad's Perspective - Shutterfly.com Feature [see here]
- Where I Dwell: Street Photos by Travis Jensen - Mobile Photo Awards [see here]
- Framework: Brotographers - San Francisco Chronicle [see here]
- Cult of Mac: 6 Tips for Better Street Photography with Your iPhone: Interview w/ Travis Jensen [see here]
- 'iSNAPSF' @ Haus of Hipstamatic - San Francisco Chronicle [see here]
- Juxtapoz Magazine: #iSnapSF @ The Haus of Hipstamatic [see here]
- Travis Jensen Interview for WeAreJuxt [see here]
- Shooting People: Street Photography by Travis Jensen for Shutterfly.com [see here]
- 'Tenderloin USA' photos conjure a neighborhood - San Francisco Chronicle [see here]
- “Tenderloin USA” - The Bold Italic [see here]